The paper "How to Make Pools in Texas Energy Efficient" is an outstanding example of a presentation on engineering and construction.
How to Make Pools in Texas Energy Efficient. Pools certainly add value and beauty to one's Houston home; however, they are major users of energy as well. So it's essential that these are made to be as energy efficient as possible. Actually, most people prefer eco-friendly pools. Fortunately, with modern facilities and technology today, both newly constructed and existing pools in Texas can now be made environment-friendly.
Advantages of Energy-Efficient Pools in Texas. Pools in Texas that are energy efficient are not only great for the environment but to swimming pool owners too. So if you're considering getting a new swimming pool or if you're intending to upgrade an existing one, then here are a few reasons why you should consider energy efficiency:
- Make savings. Swimming pools that use pool covers and variable speed pumps can reduce energy expenses by up to 30 percent. A swimming pool cover can keep your pool warm as well. This means that you'll no longer worry about your electric bills and heating costs. Most importantly, you can make savings for future use. But it is important to do your part by the right maintenance and adhering to energy conservation practices and buying the right the equipment.
- Water conservation. Pools in Texas often lose water and heat through evaporation. If you want to prevent these from happening and conserve water, a cover is important.
- Pool remodeling for Energy Efficiency. To make your pool in Texas more energy efficient, pool renovation might be important. Buying the proper equipment and practicing maintenance routines are crucial strategies. This will help you enjoy the benefits of energy efficient pools in Texas.
Here's how you can make pools in Texas more energy efficient:
- Install a small, highly efficient pump and use it less. New energy proficient pumps usually use 30 to 40 percent less power compared to the regular ones. They function at variable speeds to meet your needs. Thus, you can decrease the speed during normal days. Later, you can set the settings higher when a thorough cleaning is needed. The pool pump also circulates the pool water, ensuring it's chemically balanced, crystal clear and clean. This will reduce the expenses of filtration and cleaning.
- Pool cover. This method conserves both water and heat because they are often lost through evaporation. The pool cover will keep your swimming pool 10 degrees warmer, minimizing heating expenses by approximately 90 %. It also helps to keep the pool water clean, reducing cleaning costs. Using the filter less often can help to conserve energy as well.
- Apart from the cover, you can even cut down heating expenses and enjoy comfortable pool water temperature by using solar energy. It is certainly one of the most cost-effective strategies used to attain energy efficiency. Your backyard pool in Texas can be situated in a spot in your outdoor space that's well-exposed to natural light. You also need to check the direction of the wind and particular structures which might lead to the windbreak.
- Use timers for your pool pump and heater to enable them to operate in several short cycles the whole day rather than a never-ending operation.
Your Energy Efficient Pools in Texas. Now that you have plans for an energy efficient pool; you might be working on some update plans with all the money you're saving. If you want help with your Texas project, we, at Premier Pools & Spas of Houston, Texas, would love to be a part of the update process. Feel free to contact us and we can help you make a start.